HP 25ER, any users?

Boilgens

n00b
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
21
I haven't come across any decent in-depth reviews on the 25ER, which seems to be a successor to the 25CW, which has gotten good reviews.

If anyone has used this monitor, could you answer me this:

Overclockability,

Pixel-pitch, and general feel of graininess. The HP 27vx I have is not satisfactory in this regard. Can see grains. This could be due to low pixel/size ratio, but also the low-haze treatment.

IPS-glow

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Man, just one digital input? No wonder it's so cheap.

Most 1080p 60Hz monitors can be overclocked to 75 Hz, it's the maximum bandwidth you can attain with DVI/HDMI 1.0, and only when you use reduced blanking mode.

I find that 24 inches is the perfect size for a 1080p screen, because I have to look awful close to make out the pixels. On 27", it would be terribly huge and obvious screen door.
 
Last edited:
Most 1080p 60Hz monitors can be overclocked to 75 Hz, it's the maximum bandwidth you can attain with DVI/HDMI 1.0, and only when you use reduced blanking mode.

That's not my experience with the 27vx, it only goes to 72 for some reason when using nvidia control panel.

Thanks for the answer though. I'll probably get the HP 24ER (23.8) and test if its worth it.
 
Back
Top