HP 2509b vs 2511x?

The X is LED backlit whereas the B is the standard CCFL backlit.

I havent seen the X but Ive been using the 2509b for a couple months now and highly recommend it. Ill stack it up against anything out there dollar for dollar.
 
I own a 2511x and it looks really nice. Just like McLeod, I feel it stacks up well against anything else in its price range. It was really, really bright right out of the box, but nothing a calibration couldn't fix.

The LED backlight makes it very thin, which is kinda cool. Haven't seen the CFL one though. I'm about to replace it with an Acer GD235Hz for the 120hz, so it will become my wife's monitor since her old 22" went out.
 
I reviewed the 2509b and have seen a few 2511x's in store, they looked really good and did not have any bleeding. I would get the 2511x for the nicer bezel personally. I didn't test the 2511x because it was 400$ vs 200$ for the 2509b, but I see in states it's like a 20$ price difference.

Acer GD235Hz for the 120hz

Don't get an Acer GD, it has 17ms of input lag and sharpness issues resulting in halos around text. The only way to avoid this is by entering the service menu each time the monitor is powered on and turning it off. Tons of people also report buzzing

If you want a Matte 120hz panel get the Planar SA2311W, 3DVision blog says it is the best 3D monitor. If you want glossy get the Asus VG236H or Samsung S23/7A950 if you have an ATI GPU. The Planar is also on sale this week directly from their site, finally making it competively priced.
 
Don't get an Acer GD, it has 17ms of input lag and sharpness issues resulting in halos around text. The only way to avoid this is by entering the service menu each time the monitor is powered on and turning it off. Tons of people also report buzzing

If you want a Matte 120hz panel get the Planar SA2311W, 3DVision blog says it is the best 3D monitor. If you want glossy get the Asus VG236H or Samsung S23/7A950 if you have an ATI GPU. The Planar is also on sale this week directly from their site, finally making it competively priced.
The only info I've found on the input lag for the Acer were from you, a guy named Phantom Dave on Overclock.net, and 240HzTelaStorm on Youtube. You guys think a lot alike ;)

I'll look into the Planar later if it's unbearable, though!
 
The only info I've found on the input lag for the Acer were from you, a guy named Phantom Dave on Overclock.net, and 240HzTelaStorm on Youtube. You guys think a lot alike ;)

I'll look into the Planar later if it's unbearable, though!

I am 240hzTeslaStorm, and I was wrong it is 18.2ms. There is a big thread on here where tons of people talk about the Acers sharpness issues, 3D vision Blog also mentions it. The Planar is similarly priced and is the superior monitor....

Input lag
http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2010/test-acer-gd245hqbid-teil16.html#Latenzzeit

PRAD.de said:
In this study demonstrates the Acer GD245HQbid a delay time of 18.2 milliseconds


Both models are glossy
 
Last edited:
Here, the 2511x is over $350. 2509b is $200. I just bought one. Going to buy two more 2509s.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top