Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Great, No Imperfections

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • OTHER ~ Explain your thoughts...quality ect

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

jcll2002

2[H]4U
I was wondering what the general thoughts were on this monitor when it comes to bleeding, ghosting, and just overall quality.

-jcll2002

Got mine yesterday. Hopefully I'll get the new one tommorow. I have bleeding on the bottom corners and also the silver part of the case around the monitor is cracked/broken off.

Crack

bleeding2.jpg

The bleeding is a lot worse than what the picture shows. The white glow fills up half the screen from the two bottom corners.

bleeding.jpg

we have a combined 14 2005FPW's where I work, and amongst the IT dept, 6 of us have either 2001, 2005 or 2405's at home, and only one of the 2005FPW's at work has ever had problems, and it was just a little hint of burn in.

Aside from those, we have a ton of E176FP's and 1704FPT's (iirc) that we use for our Dell USFF systems, and I haven't seen any problems yet, although those are for the users and they would be slower to notice problems with the screens.

Well, mine already got sent back, but both had bad bleeding. No other problems.

I hate bleeding, because in games like fear, you can really notice it. (which is exactly what Im doing)

Bad backlight bleeding. I am in the process of getting a new one. As long as Dell pays for all the shipping, I don't have a big problem exchanging several until I get a good one. And that's because otherwise I love everything about this monitor, including its price. Also I upgraded to the 5-year warranty which is making me feel safe.

Mine is great considering the hassle I went through getting this thing. It took me forever to find someone that shipped this monitor to military overseas addresses. After I found someone, my first shipment got lost/stolen. I found someone else after waiting 2 months for a refund...I ended up paying $600 for it. Oh well.

Anyway the only complaints I have about this monitor is that I don't know what to do with it since I'm getting a bigger one.

I've got minor bleeding on mine. No ghosting at all. The bleeding is really not a big deal, I rarely notice it.

I think the bleeding subsides with time. Happened on both my 2405 and 2005 (none had a severe case of bleeding, though). I don't think it's because I "got used to it", since I don't stare at a pure black screen normally ;) So I'd suggest ppl with moderate bleeding not to worry too much.

Some of you would probably say mine is bleeding (can only tell if I really, really look at it), but I play games, watch movies, Autocad work on it and darned if I've ever paid any attention to it.

Edit: mine is a Dec. 04 unit.

I've got 2 Jan 06 models and they are perfect as far as I can tell. I didn't even check for bleeding with a pure black screen but I've never noticed a thing with either of them.

Well I got my replacement today and the second is even worse on the backlight issue. I mean freaking bad. I was playing Call Of Duty 2 and all could see is this white glow from the bottom left hand corner the whole time. This time I'm getting a refund and saving up to buy a good monitor. Screw this exhange crap. It's obvious that there are more screwed up monitors than there are good ones.

Back