How's this for throughput and latency on DDR3?

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
cachemem_12-21-2019-103am.png

I never had the fun of overclocking DDR3, but those are some impressive clock speeds, timings, throughput, and latencies even compared to some DDR4 kits

Looks ok for quad channel but it is hard for me to say having a dual channel system which has the benefit of lower latency at the expense of bandwidth.
cachemem2133.png

1680V2 @ 4.6Ghz? I assume you're running a custom loop?
I seriously thought about picking up one of those chips for my Asus Rampage IV a while back.

1680V2 @ 4.6Ghz? I assume you're running a custom loop?
I seriously thought about picking up one of those chips for my Asus Rampage IV a while back.

Heh.. not water cooling at at. Just a Noctua NH-D14 that has been lapped and also has 2x Rosewill 120mm dual ball bearing fans (one on the outside of each tower so cool air gets pushed through both towers). Rosewill stopped making these fans a few years ago. So sad I can't get them anymore.

I experimented quite a while ago with adding ducting and another fan to pull the warm air from in between the towers and it did lower the temps a few degrees but the hassle was not worth it because it made it so I had no room to work on anything.

I've been using this same cooler ever since my i7-920 setup.

I am waiting on hopefully better cooling to hopefully push it even higher. That will be probably a couple months down the road though.

Back