• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How's this for a slight upgrade?

goku238

2[H]4U
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
3,860
I was planning to get something like this for Jesus's birthday:

Mobo: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
CPU: A64 3000+ or higher
RAM: ??
Case: ??

I need thoughts on what I have decided on and ideas for best brand of RAM and a good case that's not overly expensive. If it makes a difference, I would like 512 mb chips of pc3200 for ram.

I haven't been in the hardware scene for about 2 years ><
 
Thanks for the ideas on ram, probably won't be able to get the hyperx, but maybe :)


Any thoughts on case?

Any thoughts on choice of cpu/motherboard?
 
For a case, I'd go with a Antec SLK1650 Mid-Tower Case w/350W PS, Black. They cost about $70. If you want to spend a bit more go for the Antec PlusView 1080AMG, you can fit anything in there, it's got a window, it has great cooling and it's about $100.

For RAM, you can go with dual channel since your motherboard supports it. 2 256mb chips or 2 512mb chips if you can afford it. I'd go with corsair. But on the site they talk about kingston hyper x, so if you can afford it, I would go with it.
 
Back
Top