How's the Dell 2001FP for gaming?

Thanks. I like that. Just ordered one tonight for $538 thanks to the heads up from [H]. Looking forward to it.
:D

HL2 looks great on my new 2001fp
Don't have BF1942 but i'm sure it will look good :D

Got it a couple of days ago. Beautiful for everything but gaming. Might keep it for text based work. Love the portrait mode!

But fast action FPS is way too blurry for my liking.
:rolleyes:

The only game that doesn't do so great on my 2001fp is UT. It's still playable but the action is so fast and frenetic that it can't quite keep up. Everything else works perfectly....Doom 3, HL 2, Tiger Woods, Pirates, etc. And the monitor interpolates real well.

I have one and love it I have yet to see any ghosting. I play CS S, HL 2, Doom3,
I use my xbox on it and looks great no complaints :D

/me strokes 2001FP monitor... damned fine piece of kit, been playing NFU2, HL2 and UT2004 and have yet to experience any ghosting whatsoever.

It's alright. But going from a CRT to this thing, the delay is bad. Mostly when trying to keep crosshairs on someone when turning and jumping. Not real clear. It's a beautiful 20", but it's nowhere near perfect for gaming.

Guess it's a matter of opinion.

I'll tell you what, it sure doesn't make my room hot like the CRT did. It's definately got it's advantages.

I'll probably pick up the 22" NEC/Mitsu CRT and keep this for a dual setup.

Game on.

Well I went to this from an Iiyama Visionmaster 19" 454 and this is by far clearer, cooler, smaller and sharper that the crt. I'll never go back.

NEVER! DO YOU HEAR ME! Nooooo!!!! *insane sounding echo*

too early in the morning... :D

Never, never, never! I get it! ;)

/Must turn off brilliant (but slow) 20" LCD and get sleep

:p

Back