• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How's the 2405 for gaming?

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
5,847
Like the topic asks? More specifically, how would it rate, to, let's say, a L90D+ when it comes specifically to DVD viewing and gaming?

Thanks.
 
I dont have a 2405 but my guess is that you need quite a system to play most newer games at its widescreen native resolution. Im sure that if you dont have a high end machine you would need to play most at 1:1 aspect ratio with black bars on each side of the screen.

A friend of mine has a L90D+ and I like it but he had to send it back to the retailer he got it from three times because he kept getting it with dead pixels. I have a Samsung 915N which is analog only but I like it for gaming(not so much for watching movies) and I came from a really good gaming CRT (Viewsonic P95f+)
 
ajm786 said:
Like the topic asks? More specifically, how would it rate, to, let's say, a L90D+ when it comes specifically to DVD viewing and gaming?

Thanks.

Use the search option and you will find more than you ever wanted to know about the 2405.
 
kreidel said:
Use the search option and you will find more than you ever wanted to know about the 2405.

Don't need to be reminded, thank you very much. I'd rather ask than wade through 100+ pages of threads and sifting out what I'd like to find.
 
ajm786 said:
Don't need to be reminded, thank you very much. I'd rather ask than wade through 100+ pages of threads and sifting out what I'd like to find.

It's awesome go buy one! Much better than the L90D+
 
Definately worth the money. You'll probably want to upgrade your graphics card to something newer if you demand the best performance. Otherwise, your all set.
 
Fabulous for DVD viewing :) That's one of the main reasons I bought mine. Followed by just everyday usefulness... it's like a dual monitor setup in one! :p

Gaming is just fine. IMO the stretching that happens when playing in non-native resolutions really isn't something to get bent out of shape over... so if you can't manage 1920x1200 in EVERY game, it's not the end of the world
 
Great for everything computer related. At first when I played games with the monitor It took me a while to get used to the 75Hz refresh rate because I had just come off of a 100Hz CRT, after that (3days) can't even tell the difference.

Did I mention it's HUGE? :D
 
RailGunRiz said:
Great for everything computer related. At first when I played games with the monitor It took me a while to get used to the 75Hz refresh rate because I had just come off of a 100Hz CRT, after that (3days) can't even tell the difference.

Did I mention it's HUGE? :D

What res are you running that allows the 75hz? Is it the native res?
 
Back
Top