How would ppl react if id, Valve, & 3D Realms said that there wood be no D3, HL2, DNF

Hey there...just a scary question...suppose id, Valve, and 3D Realms said that they have cancelled Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and Duke Nukem Forever...what if they said that they would never release it??? How do you think the gaming community would react to that???

I bet that websites would be flooded with questions and mad ppl...OMFG!!! A world without DNF is alright since there isn't really anything to get excited about cause they have such a tight lid on it...but no HL2 and D3??? LOL!!! The reaction would be so funny...How do you think ppl would react IF it was all announced on one day??? How wouyld YOU react??? LOL...THANX
C'YA ?:-D

P.S.: What's with the Web Linkage Worth Clicking being turned off??? Is it permanent??? OMFG!!! A world without WLWC!!!

Im sure ATi would want their 6 million back. Im sure theyd get sued for false advertising.

they would go suicidal... actually, i could care less because all i need is my river city ransom for nes on my modded xbox... that game is the best evr

-warsaw

Honestly, I wouldn't care too much. I'd be pissed at first, but I'd get over it very quickly. Something else as good or better will/would take their places.

I loved Halflife and Doom was great too at the time i came out, but they aren't my favorites. Plus I hate hype, and by now, the hype has already partially ruined those games for me (unless of course they live up to that hype).

DNF, hell, I've completely forgotten that game. I think I was a freshman in college when the original came out. At least they didn't set a date and not meet it (or did they?). I prefer the "when we're finished" attitude to the lies and missed release dates.

Fallout is my favorite game series, and I was VERY pissed with all the Fallout console crap and the death of Fallout 3, but I'm pretty much over that now.

That's just the way I feel about it, feel free to call BS if you like...

My wife would be happy because we would probably be having more sex if that was the case.

well, DNF... I think we are all prepared for that never showing up. Mostly it is dealing with teh slightly sleazy feeling that you know you'll still go out an buy it no matter how long they made you wait..

Doom3.. people would bitch, but we'd get over it. Stock market would probably react to it though, which it probably wouldn't much for DNF at this point.

HL2... lawsuits. lots of lawsuits class action suits against ati and their 3rd party manufacturers for never delivering on their promotional bundle. the same suing valve and their publishers for not delivering. and probably valve and their publisher suing each other for whatever reason. And the stock market would aslo definitely react to it, in both hardware and vide game publishers.

Of course for any of them, internet forums everywhere will choke on the torrent of whining as fortold in the book of revelations.

it wouldn't be a huge deal for me. although it WOULD be if they decided to not license out their engines as well(excluding dnf)

Originally posted by warsawtag
they would go suicidal...
That would be so cool. Then we wouldn't have any more of these stupid threads.

I would go insane and kill myself. Doom3 and HL2 to me is equivalent to a Christain fanatic awaiting for the second coming of Christ.

It wouldn't really bother me. There'll be plenty more games to look forward to, as well as my current games.

People would be pissed off for a while, then forget totally about D3, HL2, DNF if that ever happens.

If ID, Valve, and 3dRealms do not step up, someone else in the industry will and fill that void.

Originally posted by j0k3r
My wife would be happy because we would probably be having more sex if that was the case.
k...

...so maybe it's just me, but even married, sex > everything.

*shrug*

Originally posted by j0k3r

That's awesome... ROFL

But anyway... This thread feels kind of.... oh how do I say... "beentheredonethatish"

I mean why do we even discuss this stuff anymore... People have run the Doom3, HL2, Duke Nukem Forever thing into the ground.

We are beating a dead horse here. :rolleyes:

People would find somewhere else to spend their money. The spirit of consumerism cannot be so easily beset.

Okay...Let's come back to reality people...

These are video games....What about asking what would happen if we had perpetual world peace and unity?

If people are going to get upset about an unreleased video game, they obviously need to get out more.

Originally posted by Flipside
Okay...Let's come back to reality people...

These are video games....What about asking what would happen if we had perpetual world peace and unity?
1) This is the games forum, not the Peace and Unity forum.

2) You don't want peace and unity. Trust me on this.

If people are going to get upset about an unreleased video game, they obviously need to get out more.
Yes, they do. But they won't, because most of them are addicts.

Originally posted by XOR != OR

Yes, they do. But they won't, because most of them are addicts.

I play video games too, but being a full time university student, I have more intrest in getting through the day and making the grade, than bitching and worrying about the game delays.

Really...Would our lives really change if Half-Life 2 wasn't released? Does anyone really have a vested intrest in this game (other than stock intrests ;))?

Fallout is my favorite game series, and I was VERY pissed with all the Fallout console crap and the death of Fallout 3, but I'm pretty much over that now.

I'm so sick of seeing dumb shit like this on these boards.

Any of you ever fucking play Knights of the Old Republic? Guess what platform it was released on first.

To be perfectly honest, I never cared about any of the above mentioned three games anyway. No biggie to me if the new ones never showed up. :)

probably in much the same way people took the duke nukem forever thing. they just slowly overtime accept the fact that it'll never come.

DNF is still coming, its not like the engine they are working with is obsolete. is the latest unreal engine build. there are still games coming out with the unreal engine and will be for a while.

personally. id be glad,(no pun intended:D ), if doom3 and hl2 didnt come out and they would just say that, then everyone would stfu and some to most of us would be happy

If those games were canned, I'd quit gaming on the PC. They are just that big to me. In fact I've given up upgrading my PC several times now because I want to upgrade when DOOM 3 comes out. If it's true what they say, than DOOM 3 will be a beast of a game to make run on maxed settings.

Originally posted by WickedAngel

Any of you ever fucking play Knights of the Old Republic? Guess what platform it was released on first.

Guess what KOTOR was a good game, not a great game. But that's my humble opinion.

I prefer real RPGs to pseudo-action/RPG games.

Let's see...

Fallout, Fallout 2 had a pretty good sized group of hardcore followers.

Fallout 1 and 2 (and Tactics) were on PC ONLY.

Fallout BOS on console ONLY???

I don't even own a console and have no plans to get one, so to me (a Fallout fan) that was a big kick in the nuts.

Yeah, that's pretty smart marketing there... :rolleyes:

It's like making a Super Mario Bros game on PC only, or Final Fantasy XXX or Metal Gear X (Whatever numbers they're on) for PC only. Don't you think some of the console gamers would be pissed???

I'm sure there are plenty of fine console games out there, but I'm not into console gaming, so when a PC title I love gets turned into a console ONLY title, I have the right to be pissed.

To each his own... Don't get your panties in a bunch because I'm not a console gamer.

Originally posted by WickedAngel

Call the Wambulance. WAAAAAAAAH. :D :p

Originally posted by Spinal
Dead Horse :rolleyes:
GoEnglish_com_BeatADeadHorse.gif

Back