ASUS Rampage Formula (Intel X48) ATX motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 or Core 2 Quad Q9450 processor
Zalman CNPS-9700 LED CPU cooler or something else
4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 dual-channel kit
Evga 9800gx2
Pioneer DVR 215dnk
1 - Western digital Raptor 150gb
1 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 st3500320as 500 GB
For monitor ill keep usin my hitachi CRT 21'' as i didnt found any good lcd worth the money at 22'' or 24''and probably using 1280x1024 res or high

Here are some benchmarks for Crysis using a 9800GX2 and an 8800 Ultra. (I assume that you did attempt a Google search before posting, right?)

I see a couple of problems with your setup. One, you've currently chosen an NVIDIA card with a CrossFire setup (that only works with AMD/ATI video cards). You'll need to either consider either an AMD/ATI video card (in that case, you might as well wait a few months for the new cards to arrive) or switch to a motherboard with one of the nForce SLI chipsets. (Since you're considering the 9800GX2, you don't really need to worry about a multi-card set up just to play games.)

Also, you don't need SLI or CrossFire for a 1280x1024 resolution. Yeah, it's Crysis and all, but the 9800GX2 could be considered a bit of an overkill on its own. (Then again, this is Crysis we're talking about... but I never believed in buying a top-of-the-line system -- let alone mostly/all high-end parts -- all for the sake of one game.)

The card i chose works perfectly with this motherboard because is one slot card.
And yes i did my research.
Money in this case is not an issue so i want a powerfull pc.I dont want sli so there is no reason to go for an sli board.
I do a lot of gaming,photoshop,flash and dream weaver.Some times 3d max.

Thanks for the link but the test setup is Q9650 with ddr3 at 1800mhz
nothing to do with the pc iam building dude.

I know that you chose a "one slot" card in the 9800GX2 -- what I'm saying is that the card, as well as SLI/CrossFire, is overkill for a 1280x1024 resolution.

And if you did your research, you would realize that the board you chose has two PCI Express x16 slots. If you don't need SLI (or CrossFire, in this case), why aren't you looking at a P35-based motherboard instead?

Regardless of the test setup in the [H] review, Abu Som3a's selection brings up a relevant point -- the performance of the 9800GX2 is equivalent (in most cases) to two G92 8800GTS cards in an SLI configuration.

But what level of performance are you expecting from Crysis?

Back