How will bioshock run

Magice

Limp Gawd
How till bioshock run on my sig rig, 1680x1050?

Can I expect to have aa and decent fps?

depends on how much crap is running in the background.
i have not yet dropped below 30FPS, which is just dandy.
res 1280x1024, graphics cranked all the way.

At 720P resolution (1280x720) it runs 40-55FPS on my DLP rig. Avg is about 50FPS, but when some intense Water or Fire affects occur, it may drop to 30.

Your rig should be better at that res. That is maxed settings. Looks great and plays great. I guessing this is how it would look using a 360. I had to get the Hotfix driver though, I had the stuttering initially.

I'm running everything on high 1920x1200 and it's super smooth. I love this game! I haven't felt so good about spending $49 on a game in a very long time.

Well, I did not have a good experience with the demo. The game crashed constantly, keyboard mapping was a big problem and the mouse did not respond well during game play. It was like there was some artificial lag being added. I bought the game anyway because I can be an idiot like that sometimes but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the game launched without issue everytime and everything worked the way that it should. I was even able to leave it running and step away for more than 30 minutes at a time and not worry about returning to a desktop. As always YMMV.

I have the machine in my sig and because of the crappy video card, I have to play at 800x600 at medium detail levels, but it is still enjoyable to be honest.

I found it similar to DiRT. With 3GHz C2D, 4GB 800 ram and an 8800GTX in Vistax64 I found I had to go down to 1280x768 in order to keep 60fps when I needed it the most (big fights). That's with everything on, inc DX10 shaders. It's beautiful at times though but antialiasing would be nice.

Back