how/when to flush/clean my system + other questions about fluid etc

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi all.

is there a guide on what to do to flush my system?

i have 360 ex rad, a pump, res and two blocks for my 480gtx and i7 920 cpu.

i built this just over a year ago and used just clear distilled water. The water is no longer 100% clear and can see some dirt or whatever thats built up. time to flush it out?

i have my pump right at the bottom of my case and can easily take it out and disconnect it so the water escapes from there.

So all i do is just drain it from the bottom, take out all the tubing and then clean or replace the tubes and retached again?

Do i need to clean the blocks? if so how? open and dismantal the blocks and clean inside or no need for it?

What about the rad and pump? do i need to dissmantle and clean those too?

I have some questions about fluids. i may use one of these http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/Fluids--Dyes-cid-1182.html 1lrtre bottles. do they ruin the tubing/bllocks? do i need to flush and clean more frequently due to using Dye's?

How often do u flush your systems?

Best thing to do is first read the FAQ at the top of this forum. It has the answers you seek about cleaning and others there too.

Clean the blocks by boiling some DI water, let cool a bit and rinse the blocks out. Fill the rads up, plug the holes, shake well and repeat until clean. Use oven gloves since water will make the parts hot to hold.

For the fluid I do not know. Personally, a lot of people I know are now using Mayhems Pastel or X1 coolant and love it. I will be using their coolant in my system as well. It also has all the biocides and such so you don't need to add anything to it.

Best of luck

Back