• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How well does the TX750 do only 12v?

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
25,066
I've been using the Corsair TX750 out of spec as a 12v power source to test car audio installations.

It has 60a on the 12v line, and I rarely run it over 500w. I'm wondering, though, if it can continuously sustain high 12v loads without any load on the 5v or 3.3v line...

For the record, the model # (as there are multiple revisions) is 75-001309.
 
The box or documentation should also state the max and continuous power output capacities for the other voltages (plus a combination of different voltage outputs simultaneously).

That being said, I don't know why it would have a problem, boy can't say for certain.
 
Well it depends how the PSU is constructed. Many newer designs use a single 12v source and buck a portion down to lower voltages. Others used different designs that required cross loading for various levels of output or efficiency.
 
I've been using the Corsair TX750 out of spec as a 12v power source to test car audio installations.

It has 60a on the 12v line, and I rarely run it over 500w. I'm wondering, though, if it can continuously sustain high 12v loads without any load on the 5v or 3.3v line...

For the record, the model # (as there are multiple revisions) is 75-001309.



Interesting idea. Gotta ask, why? I assume you are load testing sub amps?

And i'd assume the powersupply is as close to 12v as possible....im sure you are aware most battery fed 12v systems in a car will be 14.4v to 12.7ish in a correctly functioning setup.

Intrigued however. I'd love to piss my woman off with a pair of 12's in my computer room hooked to an old PSU.
 
Back
Top