How well do those xbox controller to usb adapters work?

mtbaird

Gawd
Im thining about picking one up because i liek the controller style so much and want to start playing some racing games on my comp.

Has anyone tried one before?

Does it have pressure sensitive stuff...Can i pull the trigger slightly and go slowly and then pull more to go faster?

Or does it jsut register that i pulled the trigger and go forward 100% (if i was playing a driving game).

I haven't used an xbox controller with an adaptor, but if you buy an xbox 360 controller you can plug it straight into the pc and it works very well.

Yep, super joypad ones work I got one because I have 4 xbox controller works great!

I use the big original Xbox controller on my PC and love it. Though I don’t remember what drivers I am using at the moment.

Anyway all I did was chop the end off of mine and solder on a USB plug and it works great for my needs.

mtbaird said:
Im thining about picking one up because i liek the controller style so much and want to start playing some racing games on my comp.

Has anyone tried one before?

Does it have pressure sensitive stuff...Can i pull the trigger slightly and go slowly and then pull more to go faster?

Or does it jsut register that i pulled the trigger and go forward 100% (if i was playing a driving game).

Yeah it does do the pressure sensitive and feedback, but I noticed that either some games dont support pressure sensitive or it doesn't recognize it well...or it could be I dont know how to set it up right. Its kinda a PITA to get it going but when you do it works well... too bad the only drivers that I know of are XBCD and they are alright and you can obviously see that they are working because in the driver setup you can do different pressures on the triggers and it is proportional. SO maybe I just haven't fiddled with it enough.

They work pretty well, and you can just make one on your own easily.

But for pc games, I bought a 360 controller since it was 1/2 off at toys r us.

My mate had an adaptor for his Xbox controller so he could use it on PC and never had any problems with it at the time. Now he does what I do and uses a 360 pad and plugs straight in through USB. IMO 360pad is better than the original, check one out and see what you think :)

You can get these adapters for like $5 on ebay...

Works great for all your driving and arcade games...

I made my own adapter from a controller prt from a dead Xbox and a USb cable, Worked really well, just download XBCD for the drivers.
Now I am useing a Madcatz Xbox 360 controller and it also works really well!

I made my own, I'd recommended getting an official Xbox controller (S style) -because it is much higher quality controller..

but definitely just make your own, you can buy a second 'stress-point adapter' - and still be-able to use the controller for the xbox.

ITS VERY EASY to make your own.

Oh, about the question with the triggers - Depending on the drivers you get off the internet, you can set your buttons to do ANYTHING, the triggers can be an axis/button/slider etc.. They work fine.. Also one driver set even allows for the analog detection of the face buttons too.

Back