How well do these things Cool?

yeah...not too well I have one and yeah =/ muuusssttt...ggeetttt...bbeeettteeerrr...ccccooollliiinnggg...

3.45GHz P4 = ~40°C with F@H (not quite idle, not quite load), ambient temp ~28°C
 
gwai lo said:
yeah...not too well I have one and yeah =/ muuusssttt...ggeetttt...bbeeettteeerrr...ccccooollliiinnggg...

3.45GHz P4 = ~40°C with F@H (not quite idle, not quite load), ambient temp ~28°C
40C? let it go lol its got fine cooling
im perfectly fine with such temps:
noproblem.JPG
 
atp1916 said:
Do you run that thing 24/7 @ 1.8v? :eek:
once i get new psu i can turn it down to 1.725.. im using my friends old antec after my enermax died... it made the cpu voltage really unstable ranges from 1.725-1.825
but yes, its been running like this for about 1 or 2 weeks 24/7 somthing wrong with that? p4s are indestructable
 
ryuji said:
once i get new psu i can turn it down to 1.725.. im using my friends old antec after my enermax died... it made the cpu voltage really unstable ranges from 1.725-1.825
but yes, its been running like this for about 1 or 2 weeks 24/7 somthing wrong with that? p4s are indestructable

I'd be careful because the Northwoods were dying suddenly and without good reason. I do believe people called it the "P4 Sudden Death Syndrome", or something to that effect. Not sure if Pressies still have that problem, but it was (and probably still is) a valid issue.

As for P4s being indestructable... I'd still deciding if that's a fishing attempt ;)
 
Back
Top