How to use Yamaha rx-v867 receiver in wireless network

biggles

2[H]4U
Just picked up the Yamaha rx-v867 receiver a few weeks ago. It has an ethernet port so that it can do internet radio (Pandora, etc). Not close enough to the router to go wired. I am getting an old 802.11b router from a family member today. Can I use this as a bridge to send music over the wireless network to the receiver? What steps would folks recommend to successfully setup?

I am not a networking noob but then again never tried this kind of project. Usually I set up wireless networks with laptops or pc's with wireless cards. Any help is appreciated.

unless you can put dd-wrt on the router there usually isn't bridge functionality built into the firmware. (if you are talking about using the router as a bridge, or are you using the router as the wireless access point? i'm a little confused on which you are doing)

You could get one of these, its a bridge that offers 4 ports.

To clarify, the wireless router is upstairs and the yamaha receiver is downstairs. I would like to take advantage of internet radio. So I need some sort of wireless adapter or bridge to physically connect to the receiver. That would send the wireless signal from the wireless router upstairs to the receiver.

unless you can put dd-wrt on the router there usually isn't bridge functionality built into the firmware. (if you are talking about using the router as a bridge, or are you using the router as the wireless access point? i'm a little confused on which you are doing)

You could get one of these, its a bridge that offers 4 ports.

+1 ^^

Back