Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
How do I turn on my onboard audio? Is it in the BIOS? I turned it off years ago when I first got this computer, but I don't remember how or what I had to do to do so.
I beleive it is in the BIOS. Also, you could try this: open the start bar, right click on my computer, go to properties...then click on hardware. after that, click device manager then sound, video and game controlers. check all the devices and see if they're active and working properly. if a sound device is not in use, click enable.
Damn my magic hat must be broken again.
What motherboard you using?
Check the bios and if that does not get you some sounds... check the board to see if there is a jumper.
Got the manual handy?