How to test pc case.

Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
764
I'm about to build a rig for someone and I'm planning go use an old case. The problem is I'm not sure if it still works. The case was outside for a while and I'm not sure if there is water or any other type of damage that would prevent it from working. I seem to recall a way to test pc cases with only a psu. Would like to know how.
 
If you're at all unsure about water damage, don't even waste your time. Just get a new case.
 
A case? or Case fan? Or....

You laugh, but I had a bad case once, Corsair 400r. I had also changed ram and psu at the same time. I was scratching my head for awhile before I figured it out. Seriously, who test a case??
 
Well if the case is bad would hooking it up damage parts? Thinking of testing on an existing rig
 
Back
Top