• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to test a RAID5 Drive that failed

Styk33

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
115
I just got my server up and going two weeks ago. I have a RAID5 array with 8x200gb drives. 2 WD, 5 Seagate and 1 Maxtor. One of the WD drives is showing it is 'broken'. I shut down the server and pulled the drive out. Is there a way to test the drive to see if it is truely 'broken'?

I am using a Highpoint 454 RAID card, but not very familiar with the software that it uses. I am going to pick up another HDD (not a WD) as a spare, but I don't want to have to repair the array if I do not have to.

If I left out something please let me know. My server is on a network that is not attached to the internet or outside world. There are no other users of the network other than myself.

TIA
 
best way to test it would probably be to put it in a working system and test it there, without formatting, chances are if the array broke, you're rebuilding whether you want to or not.
 
Thank you. I brought it into my office today to test it. I will see how it is after lunchtime today.
 
Back
Top