Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I've got an old hard drive, I was pulling some data off of, and I thought I heard some clicking, but I'm not totally sure. Is there a good was to definitively test a drive to determine if it is going to fail?
Do a short test and if the drive is bad it'll throw up an error. Then run the long test even if no errors were found. The long test takes a few hours but will scan every sector on the drive and will let you attempt to fix any bad sectors found.
First look at the SMART data with a program like CrystalDiskInfo. This info is a table of statistics the drive keeps about several types of problems that it can have. If CrystalDiskInfo says the drive is not "Good" then it is likely that the drive is going bad.
BTW, my method of testing (and I have 100s of drives) is generally by causing drive activity reads or writes and then looking at the SMART. On linux I either do this by forcing a check of the raid or by using a program called badblocks.
I never trust manufacturer tools being that at work I have seen cases where they say a drive is good when it was very bad. WDC and Seagate. For the Seagate case big sections of the drive were unreadable but the drive passed all Seatools tests. Trust me these tools are more about protecting the warranty than your data.