How to stop google from taking over my calls?

DellAxim

Gawd
I have an android phone. I have Google voice installed but I don't really use it. Lately my phone has not been ringing when people call, no missed calls, nothing. Today I happened to have gmail open on my computer when somebody called and my computer rang! I DO NOT want any calls forwarded to my computer! I guess that's where they go when it doesn't ring. But sometimes the phone does still ring...

Can anybody tell me how to turn this off? I would just uninstall it but I don't trust that to stop forwarding calls...

there is an option in google voice where it lists your cell number. but people would need to be calling you on you gv number? Have you been giving this number out instead?

Nobody is calling my google voice number. Yet it still rings into my gmail account. But only sometimes...?

Are you sure no one is calling your Gvoice number? If you had used gVoice to make calls from your phone out to other people, they will see your gvoice number calling on their end, not your actual phone number. Is it possible some people picked up your gvoice number that way and are calling it?

First thing. Go into Google Voice app. Settings-->Making calls and either choose "Do not use Google Voice to make any calls" or "Ask every time.." option.

Now you can also go to the google voice dashboard online and either uncheck forwarding to your phone, or disable it completely for that phone. However....if anyone IS calling your gVoice number you will then never know at that point once you disable those options.

As for the ringing on the computer there is no way to completely remove the notification unless you sign out of hangouts, or revert to the old gchat. However, you CAN turn of the ringing sound, like this:

(this shows up when you click your name on the Hangouts sidebar that you see inside the gmail interface)
hangoutsoptions.jpg

Back