How to speed up logitech gaming software boot on windows 10

HiCZoK

Gawd
Hey everyone!
Win 10 here, installed on ssd.

LGS software for my mouse (g400) starts about 10-15 seconds into win10 boot. Until that time, mouse defaults to low dpi.
Is there a way to speed up launching of this service ?
thanks

Ouch... How many startup programs do you have? LGS on my system is ready in about 4-5 seconds after login. I only have 10 startup programs.
  1. GeForce Experience
  2. Gigabyte APP Center
  3. Intel RST
  4. Logitech Gaming Software
  5. MSi Afterburner
  6. NZXT CAM Software
  7. Origin
  8. Samsung Magician
  9. Steam
  10. steelseries SHIFT Profiling Software
Also, do you know when the last time your SSD was TRIM'd? Windows 10 should automatically TRIM your SSD, but you may want to manually kick one off just to make sure. In Windows 8 and later it will be under Optimize drives.

Right click on the Task Bar and go to Task Manager. Click Startup. Disabled everything except the Logitech and reboot to see how long it takes. Then start enabling things 1 at a time and rebooting to see what is causing the slowdown.

It's possible the Logitech software is fine and that something else is causing slowness on boot which is impacting the Logitech software.

If you use CCleaner, there's an easy startup editor that allows you to change the order of booting programs. You can always move it to start ahead of anything else.

Right click on the Task Bar and go to Task Manager. Click Startup. Disabled everything except the Logitech and reboot to see how long it takes. Then start enabling things 1 at a time and rebooting to see what is causing the slowdown.

It's possible the Logitech software is fine and that something else is causing slowness on boot which is impacting the Logitech software.
I think the Event Log will also log a warning when a program is taking a long time to boot. If you go into the Event Viewer you can check the Diagnostics-Performance logs and see what might be taking a long time to start.

Do you have an SSD or is it off of a mechanical hard drive? Mine off of an SSD is up in seconds, fast enough where the dpi isn't ever an issue.

If you use CCleaner, there's an easy startup editor that allows you to change the order of booting programs. You can always move it to start ahead of anything else.
Could you elaborate with step by step directions? I must be missing something I have never seen the ability to do that with CCleaner. The only option I see is disable and delete.

There is no such tool in the free version of CCleaner, I just checked. But as I have already posted Autorun Orgainser allows you to adjust delay time of startup apps individually.

I'd probably look to see if you have hardware devices you can turn off. Some of the time could be going to interrogate the system for devices. Likewise, don't plug in anything that isn't used especially if it is USB.

Back