How to specify which monitor a program will open in Windows XP

mchen01

n00b
I was wondering how I could choose which monitor would display a particular program that I open in Windows XP in a dual-monitor setup. I'm aware that you can specify which monitor to be the primary or secondary, but I would like to set it for individual programs, if possible.

Thanks!

I believe such things are possible, but they require third party software to do it. Most notably, UltraMon stands at the top of that list.

If you have multiple monitors up and running, just open the program and drag it to the window and then exit it, afterward the program will open in that monitor in the spot you closed it. Sucks if you disconnect on monitor yet it still loads in the same off screen. Works on most programs, but there are some it doesn't.

If you have multiple monitors up and running, just open the program and drag it to the window and then exit it, afterward the program will open in that monitor in the spot you closed it. Sucks if you disconnect on monitor yet it still loads in the same off screen. Works on most programs, but there are some it doesn't.

QFT.

Back