How to send all email traffic to 2 different locations?

wixter

Weaksauce
Not sure if this would be the correct area to post this, but if not mods can move it as needed.

We are trying to cut over to a new email system but before we do a hard cutover we'd like verify everything is being processed ok. I'd like to essentially have all incoming email traffic that goes to our mail ip address to also be copied to another ip address. Not load balanced/round robin or anything, every bit of email traffic I want duplicated to this other ip address.

I spoke to our network engineer about spanning the port it uses but he didn't think it would work because of how it recognizes MAC addresses and believes the traffic to the second address would just be dropped at that point.

Is there any software available that can do this? Sort of like how gmail does dual delivery for organizations moving to the cloud, except we're not moving to the cloud.

I'm guessing gmaill does forwarding, not mirroring. And no, I'm not aware of a method to accomplish what you want.

What mail servers are they?

Sorry I should have been clearer, they are email spam filters, not the actual email servers themselves. We want to see if the new ones will filter more efficiently than what we have.

oh... that is a tough one.

You could stick postfix in front of both the spam filters and have that send mail to both the spam filters but thats a massive change to the live environment and i'm not sure what your change management process is but it may be a tough one to get passed them.

Back