How to safely clean out Win 7 Temp folder?

Hornet

Supreme [H]ardness
Problem is I'm using a 80GB SSD for my system drive, and today I realize I only have 8GB of free space left:eek:

After looking around, I found that the folder C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp is taking up 29GB of hard disk space.

There are so many files and folders I have no idea which can be deleted. I'm afraid I might screw up something if I removed something that is needed.

Is there a way to remove just the stuff that is no longer needed?

And BTW, I'm using Windows 7, but shouldn't Windows automatically clean it out before it grows this big?

Thanks in advance

"I'm afraid I might screw up something if I removed something that is needed."
"shouldn't Windows automatically clean it out before it grows this big?"

These two statements are contradictory. Also, run "Disk Cleanup".

CCleaner can do it without breakin' a sweat. Highly recommended tool, run it once, twice a week, maybe a bit more often for an SSD if you're so inclined (depending on what you do I suppose).

Just select everything and delete. If it's not supposed to be deleted, or if it's currently being used, windows will just tell you that the file is currently open.

It's a temp folder, developers know enough not to put anything importatnt in there.

CCleaner can do it without breakin' a sweat. Highly recommended tool, run it once, twice a week, maybe a bit more often for an SSD if you're so inclined (depending on what you do I suppose).
+1

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, let CCLeaner do it for you. It's the best!

Back