How to resore registry?

RS3RS

[H]F Junkie
I was playing with some registery settings earlier that control the drive letter of the boot drive, and messed something up, and now when I reboot, it load my desktop background, but won't go any farther than that. Safemode also will not fully boot.

The good news though, is, I made a fully backup of the registry and also made a system restore checkpoint before I touched a thing. But the thing is, I need some sort of a command to restore the registry backup file thing from the Recovery Console or something. (The backup is in the root directory of my C: drive).

But yeah, is there a command to put in the rocovery console to restore a backuped registry file?

Nevermind, gave up and did a recovery install... Half my data got screwed up (All folders on my desktop are deleted, nothing too important though)... This could turn out to be a good thing though, because I'm finally fed up with data loss, so I'm going to go out later and buy an 80 gig hard drive for backups and a copy of Nortan Ghost.

Anyway, feel free to lock this thread.

For future reference, I believe you can boot to command prompt and then type in regedit.exe and it will load. Then you can restore your registry.

Back