• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

how to remove search assistant

Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
2
I tried by using adaware (the new one) spybot and spybouncer. Hijackthis removes the entry but it keeps on coming back. I tried also by removing all the references in the registry. I must remove this parasite
 
thats weird that spybot didn't help, did it even detect it? i've never had a problem removing spyware off of friends computers with spybot, even those tough ones that load on boot, spybot can scan on boot, i would suggest doing that so it can find and terminate the little bugger before it starts running. Also, if that doesn't work, you could always switch to Firefox :) (www.mozilla.org). :D
 
Try webroot spysweeper. It can often catch things that Adaware and Spybot miss.

I tend to use Adaware, Spybot, and Spysweeper to clean off malware. They often miss things by themselves, but using the three one after the other will fix almost anything.
 
Back
Top