• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to remove Laptop Fan

Sparky

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
3,371
My laptop cooling fan arrived finally after 5 weeks of waiting from China. I was assured it was a 2 hole model and not 3 and low and behold the effing thing has 3 holes and doesnt line up. So my plan is how do I remove the fan motor from its housing so I can swap housings?


f2vq4o.jpg



auyyig.jpg
 
It is glued on, so you can't remove the PCB from the black plastic.

Best bet is to cut the 3 joining beams on both fans and swap the parts over then glue gun them together.
 
The PCB spins around so its not glued in. It seems the black circle ring in the center is what is preventing it from sliding up.
 
I think that black ring is melted and pressed down to lock it in. I am going to try a solder iron to melt it and pull up on the PCB and see if it comes out then use a small socket to press it flat after the swap. Just gotta borrow a solder iron now.
 
break the black tab. It seems like the melted that tab to clamp down to the assembly
 
Back
Top