How to remove I/O panel?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
4,539
Well my motherboard is not matching up with the I/O panel preinstalled on this Antec case...

How can I remove that thing? I didn't wanna pry it off with such force...
 
You dont need to pry or anything. Take the butt end of a larger screwdriver, aim for the center of the I/O panel and give it a good hard hit. You have to hit pretty hard on some of them. My Antec 1080 took me longer to get the I/O panel off then it did to install all the rest of the hardware lol. I tried to be easy and it just wont work that way. It will pop right out and not hurt anything so dont be afraid to let it have it.
 
Originally posted by burningrave101
You dont need to pry or anything. Take the butt end of a larger screwdriver, aim for the center of the I/O panel and give it a good hard hit. You have to hit pretty hard on some of them. My Antec 1080 took me longer to get the I/O panel off then it did to install all the rest of the hardware lol. I tried to be easy and it just wont work that way. It will pop right out and not hurt anything so dont be afraid to let it have it.


and even if you hurt the panel, its all of a small piece of flimsy steel thats probabily $1 to buy. hell i dont even have an IO panel on my computer since i couldnt find one that matched my mobo
 
heh, yeah those things are somewhat useless. I only have one know since my mobo came with one. That was nice for a change.
 
The one on my Antec case had 2 screws in it. I tried to pry it out, and noticed when I started to grip it and yank the sumbich out.
 
Back
Top