How to remove HDD rack from Lian Li V-Series?

Hard911

Limp Gawd
beside using screwdriver to drill a hole to remove rivets in order to remove HDD rack, do you guys have any other ways to remove it beside using screwdriver? do they have something rivets removal? thanks for answers!

Drill through the rivets. Do people really use a screw driver for this? :confused:

I meant electric drill not hand screwdriver :) I'll be dying to use hand screwdriver to take off those HDD racks

Electric drill with a bit slightly larger than the diameter of the rivet's shank but smaller than the head. Just drill through the head. Best part: the hole in the middle of the head makes a great pilot hole and prevents slippage.

Done it with a lot of Lian-Li cases and never had a problem.

Sometimes the easiest way is also the best way.

I want to know is there another way to remove rivets w/o using electric drill?

well you could hack away at it with a hand screwdriver....wait thats already been covered...

Not as far as I know. Drilling 'em out is ridiculously easy man just give it a go

The drill is the best. Look at the size of the rivet on the bottom and choose a drill bit that will be about the same size and drill away. BTW, the newer V series cases evidently have those HD racks bolted in. :)

Explosives will remove rivets. Come to think of it, I've only seen one mod done with explosives... then he used a 12-gauge shotgun, a pickaxe...

You could dremel the bottom off the rivet then use needle nose pliers to collapse what was left of the shank and force it out from the bottom. Of course, doing that will likely scratch the area around the rivet hole, will take a very long time, and might end up warping or denting the case.

Can I ask why, when left with such a simple way to remove a rivet, you're looking for other options? Can you not get a drill in the area? Is it too small for a Dremmel flexi-shaft attachment too? Is the rivet made out of titanium? Are your drill bits made out of cardboard?

i removed both of the HD cages in my v1000b and reinstalled one of them.

i tried multiple different diameter drill bits and had about 15% of the rivets i removed from the case(i removed almost all of them) came out with just the drill. the rest i had to use a screwdriver and a hammer to tap the shank off after i drilled through the rivet. as the parts you have to do this on are hidden from view, it should be a problem. I painted over any scratch marks anyways. it is also hard not to scratch the bottom of the case as you remove the drive bays.

there are quite a few rivets in the v1000 that are difficult to get to with a full size drill. for those I just had to make do and get as close to a 90 degree angle as possible and just hope for the best.

Back