How to remove bars at sides of thumbnails? (Windows 7)

a!!!!1

Weaksauce
I've been going through my videos and assigning nice thumbnails to them, however Windows automatically adds these little bars on the left and right sides of the thumbnail. The only way I've found to remove the bars is to assign a thumbnail that's longer vertically than it is horizontally, but I don't really want to do that as it makes more sense to have widescreen thumbnails for widescreen videos.

Please see this image for what I am referring to: http://i.imgur.com/CNwfcwh.jpg

Does anyone know how to remove the bars at the sides?

You should explain how you solved it so in the future people that come can read your solution.

The title is misleading. At first, I thought it was" how to remove the desktop's sneak peek thumbnails?".

TC solved his problem by assigning another default program to open that video file extension. The one in the ss will be open by windows media player by default.

Sorry, just came back to this. The way to solve it is this:

- Open regedit
- Find HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\video
- Set the value to one of the following:

0 - no border
1 - drop-shadow
2 - photo-shadow (looks about the same as drop-shadow)
3 - video reel effect (the default annoying one)

After you change it, just log out of windows and log back in. Set your thumbnail view to either large or extra large, and done!

Sorry, just came back to this. The way to solve it is this:

- Open regedit
- Find HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\video
- Set the value to one of the following:

0 - no border
1 - drop-shadow
2 - photo-shadow (looks about the same as drop-shadow)
3 - video reel effect (the default annoying one)

After you change it, just log out of windows and log back in. Set your thumbnail view to either large or extra large, and done!

Thanks. :) I may never need it or I might but, I do appreciate the solution nonetheless.

Back