How to read Crystal Disk Info

ComputerGeek

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello, I am confused on how to read Crystal Disk Info, someone told me to read the Raw Values. However, there was only one time that I got a Value like 1, most of the time I get numbers and letters in the value, is there some way that I have to convert that number? What does a value of 00000000001A mean? Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/gHwHR2M.jpg?2

gHwHR2Ml.jpg

In the options you can select to have the values in decimal instead of the current hexadecimal.

OK Thanks guys! If I have 76 reallocated sectors, I probably should think about replacing the drive, right?

OK Thanks guys! If I have 76 reallocated sectors, I probably should think about replacing the drive, right?

Think about yes. However reallocated sectors may or may not be a real problem. Monitor this value and worry about it if it increases daily or weekly. I have had drives at work with dozens of reallocated sectors last years after the reallocations occurred. Although I have also seen dozens of drives die within a week when the reallocations growed daily..

OK it also failed to be recognized at startup a few times as well, it wouldn't get detected by the bios till it has started a few times. I am assuming that that would be a pretty bad sign. Also, is there a way to see if a BSOD is caused by the Hard Drive? Thanks!

Also, there are no files in the minidump folder, the BSOD that I had happened a few days ago, is there any way to find out what caused it?

Last edited:
Definitely not. I would transfer all your important irreplaceable data on it ASAP and remove it from all other sources.

I am assuming that you meant backup the data here, I don't have anything good on it as it is a fresh install.

Now Does anyone know about the Blue Screen of death?

An OS drive can cause a BSOD. If windows could not access the drive windows will BSOD without the ability to log anything in the system event log.

Sorry but I promise I will stop bumping as soon as I figure this out I just am going on a trip next Thurs, and need to get this sorted.

Let try this one final time, So if there is nothing in the minidump folder they is it typically the drive?

cliffs: I had a BSOD and I am trying to find out what caused it, there is nothing in the minidump folder.

Let try this one final time, So if there is nothing in the minidump folder they is it typically the drive?

cliffs: I had a BSOD and I am trying to find out what caused it, there is nothing in the minidump folder.

It was already answered, that's why no one is replying. The simple answer, as inferred by drescherjm's post, is YES.

An OS drive can cause a BSOD. If windows could not access the drive windows will BSOD without the ability to log anything in the system event log.

If there is nothing in the minidump folder, it means windows couldn't write to the drive to record the log. If Windows can't write to the drive, it means there is a problem with the drive. What that exact problem is I am unable to tell.

Considering all the other factors you have mentioned, your problem is very likely to be the drive failing.

Back