How to ratpads work with Logitech MX700 ?

micah

Limp Gawd
Hello
Yesterday I along with other things like a new vid card I ordered a ratpad. Has anyone used one with a MX700 ? If so do they work well with them ?
From what I have read about them they should work great with optical mouse. But just thought I would ask here as I am sure someone has or does use that combo.

Old RadPad + MX700 -> :D
GS Ratpad + Mx700 ->:D
GS Ratpad + Caseskin Ratpad cover + MX700 -> :D
(Waay too many Ratpadz!)
The Mx700 works well on quite a few surfaces. ;)

I've been wondering the answer to that very same question myself. Picked up the MX 700 and wireless keyboard duo about a week ago.

So is there a noticable difference between using the MX on my crappy wood laminate desk compared to the Ratpad?
Or would the biggest difference show up mainly in FPS games?

that pad works great for about 2 months, after that the middle will move slow and the outside edges will move faster. great mouse pad for about 2 months, after that i sold mine for 2 bucks.

if you use it a lot, like for gaming, the think gets like sandpaper. Kills your mouse feet fast

Could you sand it down or something maybe ? You know like lapping a heatsink ?

The one guy said that in the middle gets sort of worn, Maybe something like sanding it with fine sand paper all over could help. Has anyone tried that maybe ?
Or maybe even giving it a coating with something. Like some sort of clear epoxy or something. That would be hard and give a nice even surface. I have no idea as I have not even seen one yet just trying to think of something to counter what was said about the subject.

Excellent combination. I've used mine for about 6 months now, and it has worn pretty heavily in the center of the pad. It's still very usable however.

Originally posted by micah
Could you sand it down or something maybe ? You know like lapping a heatsink ?

The one guy said that in the middle gets sort of worn, Maybe something like sanding it with fine sand paper all over could help. Has anyone tried that maybe ?
Or maybe even giving it a coating with something. Like some sort of clear epoxy or something. That would be hard and give a nice even surface. I have no idea as I have not even seen one yet just trying to think of something to counter what was said about the subject.
you shouldn't have to fucking sand a mouse pad.
When I need a new mouse pad, I go to office max and pick up a $2 one and it works just as well as my ratpadz did

meh, Why am I having such a hard time coming off 15 bucks for a mousepad.

Need more people to tell me this pad makes $15 worth of difference.

Originally posted by Bunk454
meh, Why am I having such a hard time coming off 15 bucks for a mousepad.

Need more people to tell me this pad makes $15 worth of difference.

I don't have one, but from what I've heard, it doesn't. Like sigmend said, go to any store and pick up one of those massive "Supermats" (or whatever they're called) for $2 and you'll be happier (and richer) than if you had bought the Ratpad.

I have ratpadz and some optical microsoft mouse. I got the ratpadz gs from ozzie in April 2003 and it still performs well. Hurray to ozzie forhooking me up with one :D:D :p :cool:

i bought a ratpad and it was great initially. after a while i noticed it wearing down. then i noticed it wearing my mosue feet. that really pissed me off. i bought a func pad then. that works pretty well. i would be willing to bet that there's something better than a func pad though, it gets kinda dirty... (i'm currently browsing with lynx and there are a whole bunch of horizontal white lines representing the text box to type my reply in, it's quite psychadelic somehow....)

Since it seems we've migrated over to ratpadz in general, I'll say that my (old, worn, 1st-gen.) one has held up well. Yes, it's not as slick as it was in the middle. It's not quite flat anymore. Some, but not all, mouse feet show wear. Even counting all this, it's still nice. If I get around to flattening it out again, and perhaps treat it with something [1], it'd be really, really good. Given just how long I've had it, the per-year cost is low.

And sanding it would be stupid. Bigger contact surface = more friction. (That's one of the reasons it becomes less slick with wear)

[1] I'm thinking of the stuff you can use on windscreens to make them less adhesive to water. Anyone with better ideas?

Originally posted by HHunt

[1] I'm thinking of the stuff you can use on windscreens to make them less adhesive to water. Anyone with better ideas?

Pledge furniture polish works well for me. Slick and lemony fresh. :D

Originally posted by LabRat
i keep hearing that suggestion but never had any to try it out. how long does it actually last before you need to re-apply?

Originally posted by LabRat

Ah, thanks. I've been planning to dig the archives for that :)
(Now it's only a question of finding it. For all I know it isn't even sold here.)

Silicon based lube, anyone?
Also, didn't Kyle recommend RainX or something?

Back