how to quiet a v11

hamster

Limp Gawd
i have a volcano 11 hsf on my cpu. the damn thing was really loud. then i got looking one day and i also have a fan in the middle of the window on the side of my case. it had a plain old grill on it. so i took the nice looking grill off the v11 (bundled all the wires out of the way) and put it on the led fan in the window. well my case looks a lot better and the fan is quiet. i have 6 fans running and can barely hear them. so for everyone that wants a quality , quiet cpu fan, get a v11 and take the fancy grill off it......

that's what i was gonna say to do. just take off the lil cover. it actually hurts cooling more than ya would think.

i knew fan grils hurt cooling but i never knew that it would make that much of a difference with noise level :eek:

i was amazed. quiet and it dropped my temp about 5 degrees celcius when i took it off. i have my 2200 thorobred clocked at 1930 mhz and its got a temp of 25...........30 under load.......

probably using the wrong sensors to get that kind of temp... anyway, youre totally right, i took the fan grill off a comp i was building and the sound level basically halved, it was pretty nuts :)

Back