How to program middle mouse click button on MX Revolution?

Cyrilix

2[H]4U
The problem I'm having with the MX Revolution is that there is no middle click button. It's just a scroll wheel, and while the scroll wheel is nice, I'm really sorely missing my middle click button.

So the question is this: I have a button right below the scroll wheel. By default, I think it's used as some kind of search key, but I want to program it to be the middle "click" that this mouse is missing. I have the Logitech Setpoint software installed, but there seems to be no option for "middle click" when I set that key's functionality to "Other". Is there any way that I could go about doing this?

UberOptions is your friend.

Also, if you disable the "shift click" ability that changes the middle wheel from click to free mode, you can actually use it as a "normal" middle mouse button via UberOptions.

Sweet! Now, everything works the way I want it to. Thanks for the suggestion. Logitech should really be buying this package off of the guy and integrating it into its own system.

With logitechs setpoint software 'middle button' is the 9th selection in the 'other' dropdown for me.

What version of setpoint are you using? Mine is 3.1.1.116

I'm using 4.24.99 for Vista x64 -- it was the latest version when I downloaded it. If your earlier version has it, then Logitech must've been stupid to have destroyed that kind of functionality.

Back