I have a sataII drive in my system atm and my mb bios is set for ACHI mode (although it does have a emulated pata mode option).
I am adding a sataI drive to my system ... do I need to set the drive mode to emulated for my computer to recognize it right? (but then my sataII would be running in emulated also).
I'm trying to partition and format so I can use the drive. Not sure how to do it.
Tried starting my computer with the windows CD to partition it but it wasnt listed there (not sure if I have to set the cable to the sataI slot for it to recognize it).
I also tried to partition and format via windows disc management. It doesnt recognize it right. ie supposed to be a 160 gig drive but it sees it as a 360 gig. Wont format or partition.
more ...
atm I have a sata II drive in my system, and 2 ide drives, I am adding a sata I drive ... in my mb bios I have it set to achi mode. Is this alright to do? or am I messing things up by doing this? Is this way it cant read the sata I drive? does the achi mode mess with the ide drives at all?
thanks
I am adding a sataI drive to my system ... do I need to set the drive mode to emulated for my computer to recognize it right? (but then my sataII would be running in emulated also).
I'm trying to partition and format so I can use the drive. Not sure how to do it.
Tried starting my computer with the windows CD to partition it but it wasnt listed there (not sure if I have to set the cable to the sataI slot for it to recognize it).
I also tried to partition and format via windows disc management. It doesnt recognize it right. ie supposed to be a 160 gig drive but it sees it as a 360 gig. Wont format or partition.
more ...
atm I have a sata II drive in my system, and 2 ide drives, I am adding a sata I drive ... in my mb bios I have it set to achi mode. Is this alright to do? or am I messing things up by doing this? Is this way it cant read the sata I drive? does the achi mode mess with the ide drives at all?
thanks