How to overclock?

cdr_74_premium

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
1,577
Well guys... last time I overclocked was when I had a Duron 650MHz. Pencil + Asus A7V with those pesky DIP switches got me to a stable 850MHz without upping the voltage. That was it. I messed with other settings but that were the most stable ones.


Now I got a Phenom X4 955 BE. It's on its way right now!! Just found out at the Courier's site. :eek:

I didn't want to OC, but now I'm curious. I have a case full of fans and all my stuff runs cool enough. I don't want nothing extreme, I'll push slowly until I hit a wall, then push it back. My new MoBo is a ECS A785GM-M.

Any tips, a guide, whatever? When I saw someone talking about "OC'ing the HyperTransport" my head spinned. WTF. All I know is the FSB and Multiplier. What's new to this game?

Thank you all.
 
Back
Top