• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to open Dell 2001fp ?

alexpronko

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
66
Ok, I've asked that in another thread but no dice so I figured why not ask the question directly. If someone knows how to get this bad boy open without destroying it in the process than please share with me. I figured it has to be some kind of snap on thing since I don't see any screw holes.
 
Sorry, my jaw hit the floor at the thought of someone prying open their monitor for kicks.
 
You'd think if you knew how to make improvements to an LCD monitor, you would know how to open it first :p

ib.
 
IceWind said:
Uhhhh......mkay Im just gonna walk away now.....

oh cmon cut the guy a break, maybe he wants to mod his backlight cathodes so that they strobe 100 times/sec.. that would be cool :cool:
 
Techx said:
oh cmon cut the guy a break, maybe he wants to mod his backlight cathodes so that they strobe 100 times/sec.. that would be cool :cool:

Yeah, and I'll laugh when the invertor explodes from the current increase.
 
Wow, and just for a second there I thought I was on [H] forums instead of the buy-it-like-a-good-little-consumer-and-never-mod-it forums .. Oh wait..

;)

Power to ya man, we look forward to seeing snapshots of your 2001FP mod.

:cool:
 
Actually, i'd kinda like to know too. I have some backlight leaking issues that are getting more and more annoying. It's only a problem on a fully black screen, so i haven't really noticed it until recently (when i've been playing games at night more). I can "modify" the amount of leakage with gentle pressure on the bezel and/or screen, so i'm guessing if i can get it open, i can probably just fix it. Maybe the OP has the same problem?

Otherwise, i get to dig up my Dell support info and see what they say, hehe.
 
I'm really leaning towards opening it up and investigating more, seeing how I can't get perfect F2304 also (I'm on my 3rd replacement) with the same backlight issue this 2001fp has.
I'm speculating that it may not be faulty panel but just the mounting. Pressing it along the edges seems to support this theory.
I have a replacement 2001 on the way, if it has the same problem I just might crack it open.
 
Back
Top