How to OC video card Vista x64???

Stupac

[H]ard|Gawd
My first problem in x64 Vista. How do you OC your graphics card. The new ATITool won't work because it's not digitally signed (get message that it's not signed)

And in Ntune/Control Panel the test fails if I set a new core/memory speed. It even fails if I underclock it.

I had ATITool working perfect when I tried 32bit Vista, but now I'm stuck.

Anyone with Vista x64 that has a KNOWN program/solution for OC'ing their graphics card?

just save the old bios and flash them back on there when you want to get rid of it

I just downloaded NiBiTor 3.3 and I could not read the bios of my current card. It said it couldn't start the driver. Does Nibitor 3.3 work with Vista x64?

run as admin and in xp compatibility mode

plus you need to pull your bios off the card by using nvflash which only runs in dos...which means you need a dos bootdisk.

what i did was overclock in win2k...basically max it out so i know its limits with current cooling, then flash it to a level under it. that way when i load vista i still have somewhat of an overclock but its not maxed to where its gonna start artifacting and shit.

EDIT: also with ATITool, you'd need to hit F8 at boot up and disable driver signing....have to do it everytime, then you can overclock with atitool. so you could replace my method that way.

Ran as Admin and in Xp compatibiltiy mode and I couldn't us the Read Bios option. Says can't start driver 1275.

I don't want to hit F8 everytime just to oc it.

I was now able to save old bios using Nvflash. thanks that worked. Hmm. Now if i should change and flash it or not. hmm

Edit: That was easy. I flashed it evga 7900gtx SC speeds (690/1760) and all is well. Didn't affect my temps that much and just played some games to check for artifacting. but i knew those speeds would work because I had used them before under xp. The gto is basically a gtx anyways. Thanks for the help.

I've found that RivaTuner v2.0 seems to work just fine in Vista x64.
I'm running it in "XP compatability mode" and the first I launched it, I used the right click and "run as administrator". it starts with windows and appears to run problem free.

Back