How to O/C your 4850’s properly?

glowtraq

n00b
What are you guys using to O/C your 4850’s/4xxx? CCC for me crashes all the time whenever I use overdrive. What do you guys prefer using, CCC or just the Catalyst Drivers and a third part application to over clock, if so which one? I'm using the latest Cat Drivers 8.7 from AMD with a 500 Watt PSU. I mostly play COD4 and sometimes GOW.

Hey guys, thank you for the replies.

Mystic-Micro, I'm not sure how to go about hitting 100% utilization on the fan, but I'll give the ASUS fan utility which came with the card a try to see if that would work.

onedestinazn2, what bios mod would I need? I currently have an ASUS HD4850.

Bakku I will give ATI GPU Clock Tool a try, for some reason, I think CCC is tampering with my in game experience, my FPS sometimes sporadically changes randomly within certain points of a game. There are times where, the game runs with great FPS, where as with other times within the same areas of a game, it takes a few seconds for the "good" fps 60 -70 fps to kick in.

I pencil modded my 4850 and got it up to 750 MHz core.

You have to make sure Overdrive is disabled first. Once that's done, use GPU Clock Tool and increase the clocks, and test stability at every interval. Once you get a final stable overclock, use Radeon BIOS Editor and flash your card with the new clocks.

Back