• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to modify R9 290 BIOS memory clocks?

allen5055

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
1,556
I would like to modify the BIOS of my 290's to always run at 1500 memory. I am mining with 4 290's under water, but I would like to sidestep the lag from mining at I20 by using my integrated graphics card to drive my monitors. However, if you do that you can't change the clock speeds of the cards which would really lower my hash.

Alternatively, does anyone know how to overclock connected cards while using the IGP to drive the display?
 
MSI Afterburner should let you overclock any cards in the system, no matter what's handling the display.
 
MSI Afterburner should let you overclock any cards in the system, no matter what's handling the display.

It doesn't, trust me I tried. If I use the IGP and nothing is connected to the R9 290's, they do not show up on the temperature or fan sensors of afterburner or GPU-Z. Also, their core and memory clocks are not read.

I'm going to try a dummy plug to see if that makes them activated while I'm connected to the IGP.
 
are you using after burner beta 17 or 18? and you would need to do a manual switch between cards under settings.

OyykYOf.png


If you want to be able to mine and use your computer for browsing etc, but granted nothing graphics intense. In afterburner make sure you uncheck "unlock voltage monitoring" This will elimitate constant stuttering when mining at I-20.
 
Last edited:
are you using after burner beta 17 or 18? and you would need to do a manual switch between cards under settings.

OyykYOf.png


If you want to be able to mine and use your computer for browsing etc, but granted nothing graphics intense. In afterburner make sure you uncheck "unlock voltage monitoring" This will elimitate constant stuttering when mining at I-20.

I'm using 18. And yes, I know not to run cards as synchronized. You get much better hash that way. Crossfire is also turned off of course.
 
Back
Top