• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

how to mod 2 Power supply?

Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
592
I got two power supplies and I would like to know if there is a wa I can mod it so it can work as one?

Anybody know how or got a link on how to do it?

thanks in advance
 
synch 2 PSU each as a seperate bus

1. Hardwired
2. With a relay

or employing a shared bus Like a redundant PSU

1. with resistors
2. with mosfets
3. with diodes (Single Source Fault Tolerant Power Systems) @ Power Electronics Technology
more > http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=776885&


I ran 2 hardwired 400Watts for three years
(done the same as the burning issues link above)
it didnt kill my KR7A, (but Im not so sure about an ECS I had)
I can say that without synching PSU, that I corrupted the holy hell out of my HDDs on automated restarts (powering a RAID array), the drives wouldnt spin down but the card would loose power, was resolved when I synchd them
 
I wouldn't do it... it's too complicated and expensive to do correctly; for the time/effort involved you're better off buying a decent single PSU.
 
Back
Top