How to make Win XP shut down my pc

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
I just upgraded two pc's with new MSI RS482M4 motherboards and now when I go to shut down, Windows XP Pro just goes to a splash screen and says now it's safe to turn off your pc.

I can't remember for anything how I've fixed this problem in the past...is it a setting in Windows or in bios?

Thanks!

boot up and start XP install again , and as soon as it starts up hit F5 (I think it is) and it will then give you to select different pc types (ie ... Multiprocessor pc or uniprocessor pc or standard pc ..etc.) select whatever it you are running and hit ok or whatever and then either reinstall windows from scratch or select the repair option the second time you see it come up.

Wow! Is that the only way to do it. I thought I remembered fixing one in the past either by changed some setting in the bios or either something in the control panel...can't remember. But I don't remember having to do what you're saying.

..another way that dont always work is change driver on whatever is showing for your processor in device manager

[F]old|[H]

ThreeDee said:
..another way that dont always work is change driver on whatever is showing for your processor in device manager

[F]old|[H]

And how would I do that?

It's showing MPS Multiprocessor PC under Computer in the Device Manager. I don't specifically see the CPU listed in the there.

I have an AMD 3800+ X2.

Plus, I've checked all the simple solutions...everything seems to be set correctly in the bios...etc. Under Power Management in the Control Panel I do not have a tab called APM.

Back