How to make my email setup better

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
Currently this is how my email setup at home works:

I have an imap server and all my accounts are on there. Every 15 minutes, it uses fetchmail to get mail from all my pop accounts and what not. There's also a few special mailboxes for family where mail just gets redirected to their private gmail box they dont share, as I have a very good spam filter.

Most of my pop accounts are on my online server so I manage those too, some are gmail or other providers.

Now here's what I'd like to improve. For the pop accounts I manage, instead of having to do fetchmail I'd like the mail to route through my online server and just immediately go to my home one. I suppose I could do some kind of redirection but I want something smarter, as if my internet at home is down, I don't want to lose emails and I just want them to queue at the online server.

I have never setup something like this. How would I go about doing it? My MTA is Postfix at both ends. I would keep fetchmail for the 3rd party accounts.

I don't want the MX record to point to my home server, either. It's not a static IP. (I do have a no-ip static host though)

Maybe setup this server? http://www.global-domination.org/ESVA.php

We use it here at work for filtering spam. Then it gets routed directly to our exchange server. If the route is down, the mail will be held until the route to the email server is re-established. I really like this software, plus it can scan for Viruses in real-time. Did I mention its free. Development has really slowed down, but its been rock stable for us.

I'm sure this is something postfix can do, just not sure how to do it. It does look like a nice program though, but postfix is standard on most distros so I find it's easier to use that.

Back