• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How to make custom resolution PERMANENT for Nvidia?

JoeUser

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
3,919
OK...so I use a Dell P1110 CRT. Dell's specs the monitor as 1800x1440 max resolution. This is what Nvidia Control Panel, Windows, and games sees as the max.

However, the monitor is actually fully capable of 2048x1536 @ 75hz...something that I've known and can actually use by creating a custom profile in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Since it's "custom" it isn't actually saved to the monitors driver/inf/whatever it is that saves this info so no programs can recognize this resolution other than Nvidia Control Panel.

Question: How do I get all programs (Windows, games, etc) to recognize the 2048x1536 resolution? I know when I was using AMD GPU's I could set the resolution in CCC and programs could recognize this resolution as well.

Also would be nice to have access to other resolutions such as 1200p and 1080p...something it also is capable of technically and through custom resolution.

That is all. Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Delete the custom resolution from the NVIDIA control panel, then add it using my Custom Resolution Utility as the first detailed resolution. You can use the "Best for CRT" timing. Be sure to reboot after making changes.
 
Awesome! Worked perfectly and also unlocked 1080p/1200p inbetween 1440p and 1536p.

Very nice. Lots of thanks! Gotta be sure to save this program somewhere safe.

Any way to save the profile as a driver or something for future use? Or does it modify the current driver as is?
 
Back
Top