How to Make a $4 BB Machinegun

Buddy at work told me about this a few days ago. That's crazy, someone is going to get hurt, but that's ok.

Neat way to make airsoft useful for something.

I really never got airsoft..just seemed like something for the babies who wanted to play pretend warrior but couldn't handle a little pain in paintball.

Smart parts Shocker with a halo loader and victory board for the win..Old gun but still darn touch to beat. :D

Can't wait until someone puts too much air pressure into the pvc and it blows apart.:rolleyes:

That looks like fun... I always thought I need to build some kind of weapon in case I ever get a home invasion. This would be pretty sweet and totally unexpected by a robber. :D

I really never got airsoft..just seemed like something for the babies who wanted to play pretend warrior but couldn't handle a little pain in paintball.

Smart parts Shocker with a halo loader and victory board for the win..Old gun but still darn touch to beat. :D

But its also a bit cheaper and easier to setup. My airsoft pistols will split skin.

Fairly neat idea.

But its also a bit cheaper and easier to setup. My airsoft pistols will split skin.

Fairly neat idea.

I guess the cheapness is it..paintball does get pricey.

Split skin perhaps..but are completely mitigated by medium weight clothing. No weight behind them. :D

wonder what would happen with real BB's.

It just doesn't seem right without some duct tape on it.

I'd like to know where he lives that all that stuff can be built for under $4. Seriously the elbows alone on that 3" PVC would cost more than $4

Does make me curious why squeezing the bottle makes the pellets come out, just the air is evacuated and they follow the airflow out the tube?

It's a good thing this kind of stuff was not easily accessible when I was a kid. The amount of trouble I could've gotten into by following all these youtube tutorials is scary.

I'd like to know where he lives that all that stuff can be built for under $4. Seriously the elbows alone on that 3" PVC would cost more than $4

Does make me curious why squeezing the bottle makes the pellets come out, just the air is evacuated and they follow the airflow out the tube?

He says in the video the hand powered one is $4, not the other one.

That's pretty far from factual. For one, those BB's hurt like hell. I've played both and they both hurt, heck sometimes if it doesn't hurt it doesn't count. Airsoft is for the mil-sim fans who want realism (reloads, realistic weapons, camo, etc) and are turned off by the tie-dye and inflatable balloons they call courses.

If I had to put them to games, I'd say Airsoft is to ARMA as Paintball is to Counter-Strike or COD.

How exactly does this work? From what I can tell, if you squeeze the bottle, all that would come out would be air. How are the airsoft pellets loaded into the "barrel"?

I actually wrote quite a bit describing my experience with how painful airsoft is. But this video illustrates it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnW8zLhlvDo

Open Field guns = 600-900rpm, 400+fps minimum, 300 rounds per mag (they carry mag vests).

Per round, paintball does hurt more, but it isn't unusual to have half you body sprayed from an airsoft burst.

How exactly does this work? From what I can tell, if you squeeze the bottle, all that would come out would be air. How are the airsoft pellets loaded into the "barrel"?

The end of the 'barrel' dips into the pellets. Much like how you'd spray water.

That's pretty far from factual. For one, those BB's hurt like hell. I've played both and they both hurt, heck sometimes if it doesn't hurt it doesn't count. Airsoft is for the mil-sim fans who want realism (reloads, realistic weapons, camo, etc) and are turned off by the tie-dye and inflatable balloons they call courses.

If I had to put them to games, I'd say Airsoft is to ARMA as Paintball is to Counter-Strike or COD.

I actually wrote quite a bit describing my experience with how painful airsoft is. But this video illustrates it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnW8zLhlvDo

Open Field guns = 600-900rpm, 400+fps minimum, 300 rounds per mag (they carry mag vests).

Per round, paintball does hurt more, but it isn't unusual to have half you body sprayed from an airsoft burst.

I played airsoft..it isn't painful or even close if you wear even simple BDU's. It comes down to simple physics. It doesn't matter what the velocity is, the airsoft bb's just don't have the mass to carry any real force. I suppose you could call it painful if you call something that stings for a few seconds pain.

That said, I play woodsball paintball not arena crap. Honestly I find more mil-sim fans in woodsball paintball then I ever have in airsoft. I guess it depends on where you are from and if you have decent woodsball courses or not. Of course given the marker I use, it probably comes as a bit of a surprise that I play woodsball and not arena. I am ex military so I had all the realism I ever want, so I use a high speed arena marker because I am out there to win. :D

Yea, the mil-sim guys hate my gun because that sucker nails you with no less than 10 balls in a burst.

You should never pressurize PVC with air or any other gas. Compressed gas will turn the PVC pressure vessel into a plastic grenade if it ruptures. Pressure rated PVC is for water/liquids only. Pretty much everything you buy from Lowes and Home Depot above 2" PVC isn't even pressure rated. It's foam core PVC made for drains, waste, and vents (DWV).

/debbie downer

This is kinda cool.

I remember being a kid and going to my cousins house to visit on occasion. We used to have regular BB gun wars out in the woods, not air soft. Now those things hurt like hell. Was a lot of fun though, tracking each other down and sniping them :).

You should never pressurize PVC with air or any other gas. Compressed gas will turn the PVC pressure vessel into a plastic grenade if it ruptures. Pressure rated PVC is for water/liquids only. Pretty much everything you buy from Lowes and Home Depot above 2" PVC isn't even pressure rated. It's foam core PVC made for drains, waste, and vents (DWV).

/debbie downer

That's why I have an actual air tank that I plan to strap to my back.

I played airsoft..it isn't painful or even close if you wear even simple BDU's. It comes down to simple physics. It doesn't matter what the velocity is, the airsoft bb's just don't have the mass to carry any real force. I suppose you could call it painful if you call something that stings for a few seconds pain.

That said, I play woodsball paintball not arena crap. Honestly I find more mil-sim fans in woodsball paintball then I ever have in airsoft. I guess it depends on where you are from and if you have decent woodsball courses or not. Of course given the marker I use, it probably comes as a bit of a surprise that I play woodsball and not arena. I am ex military so I had all the realism I ever want, so I use a high speed arena marker because I am out there to win. :D

Yea, the mil-sim guys hate my gun because that sucker nails you with no less than 10 balls in a burst.

Well on the physics bit, The projectile deforms far less and exerts all of its energy in a far smaller point, Much like how a bullet has far less kinetic energy than a punch while the bullet hurts... Well ill let you finish that one.

i wonder if this would be a good way to kill the pesky squirrels I catch in my cage

how much do those airsoft bbs cost? could be a nice deterrent to raccoons and other pest animals, simply have a compressed tank, remote trigger hooked to the motion sensor of a light, BLAAAM

Well on the physics bit, The projectile deforms far less and exerts all of its energy in a far smaller point, Much like how a bullet has far less kinetic energy than a punch while the bullet hurts... Well ill let you finish that one.

Like I said, size != mass. Unless someone is playing airsoft somewhere with something other than those nearly weightless plastic pellets we played with that just bounce off winter weight BDU's.

great... moron teenagers will not have another (easy) way to bring this crap to school...

how much do those airsoft bbs cost? could be a nice deterrent to raccoons and other pest animals, simply have a compressed tank, remote trigger hooked to the motion sensor of a light, BLAAAM

About $8 for a 3/4kg bag (around 3,500 bbs).

Not sure about raccoons, but some of the guys also use theirs for rodents. Personally, i've got arachnophobia so you can guess what i also use my Glock18c for.

About $8 for a 3/4kg bag (around 3,500 bbs).

Not sure about raccoons, but some of the guys also use theirs for rodents. Personally, i've got arachnophobia so you can guess what i also use my Glock18c for.

Well I wouldn't want to kill them, and there's a subtle line I don't want to cross between inflicting pain/scaring away and injuring/scarring an animal that might lead me into trouble with the local "you can't harm mother nature" homos that might report me.

Back