How to log into a tomato bridge?

Tolem

n00b
I installed tomato on my wrt54g a while ago and set it up as a bridge / disabled dhcp etc.

It was working fine, but now I need to change some settings and I plugged my laptop into one of the ports on the "Switch" in the back and realized I dont have an IP to connect to...

How can I connect to the tomato administrator?

you can use NMAP to do a sweep..
but its easiest to just bring it offline... and default it... (reset)
also try the defaults... tomato is 192.168.1.1

I installed tomato on my wrt54g a while ago and set it up as a bridge / disabled dhcp etc.

It was working fine, but now I need to change some settings and I plugged my laptop into one of the ports on the "Switch" in the back and realized I dont have an IP to connect to...

How can I connect to the tomato administrator?

this is why i usually give the LAN side a static IP of something like 192.168.1.2 and note it somewhere...

at the very least (as was mentioned) i can do a sweep of my subnet w/ angryipscanner and find it... you don't even know if it's on the same subnet! lol

this is why i usually give the LAN side a static IP of something like 192.168.1.2 and note it somewhere...

A good place is in the Reserved DHCP settings in your main router. Even if it's not actively pulling a lease, it's documented and it won't accidentally hand the IP out to any other devices. If you want the LAN interface to actually pull a DHCP lease, check out this thread for some related info.

Back