How to isolate wireless from LAN ?

What do you mean by 'see the lan'? If they can see devices but can't access them, then those land devices are cached locations from when the device did have access to the lan.

Network neighborhood and Advanced IP Scanner both see other computers and devices on the LAN but cannot access them. This is true even after several reboots. Yes, "see the LAN" is accurate.

Network neighborhood and Advanced IP Scanner both see other computers and devices on the LAN but cannot access them. This is true even after several reboots. Yes, "see the LAN" is accurate.
Can you ping a wired device from a wifi device or the reverse of that?

No Ping.PNG

Program in the background is Advanced IP Scanner. Wireless client is 192.168.10.231. Can't ping in either direction. But Lan and wireless can see each other using Advanced IP Scanner in Windows and Angry IP Scanner in Linux. Windows network neighborhood shows wireless clients but can't connect. Can't connect to printers either. I'd prefer they not show at all but this is good enough.

View attachment 457529

Program in the background is Advanced IP Scanner. Wireless client is 192.168.10.231. Can't ping in either direction. But Lan and wireless can see each other using Advanced IP Scanner in Windows and Angry IP Scanner in Linux. Windows network neighborhood shows wireless clients but can't connect. Can't connect to printers either. I'd prefer they not show at all but this is good enough.
Somehow either it's still cached or a system is playing 'browser master' in the WINS configuration. My bet is on the former and an easy test would be to connect a new device and see nothing when trying to view the lan. If you do, then it's the latter which should still get fixed if you shut off WINS on everything.

Somehow either it's still cached or a system is playing 'browser master' in the WINS configuration. My bet is on the former and an easy test would be to connect a new device and see nothing when trying to view the lan. If you do, then it's the latter which should still get fixed if you shut off WINS on everything.

I'll give it a try and report back.

OK, I'm there. Bought a Ruckus AP from eBay and it does EXACTLY what I wanted. I can set up up to 4 local subnets then NAT and subnet to the WAN. All wireless clients are on a different subnet and completely isolated from the LAN. This thing has it's own DHCP servers. I think this is the key. And best of all, it was cheap. $37.80 delivered.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/...t=relevancy&f:@commonproducts=[ZoneFlex 7372]

Back