How to isolate wireless clients from the LAN ?

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Thought this would be easy but noooo, Big Brother obviously wants full, unrestricted access to your network even if it compromises your security. :rolleyes:

Main router is a TP-Link Archer C-7.

Second router is an Asus RT-N65 configured as an access point.

No matter what the settings are in the Asus, all wireless clients connected to the Guest wireless connect have full access to the LAN.

What I want is for all wireless clients to have access to the Internet but not to the LAN. The Asus is necessary to extend the coverage to where it's needed.

Can this be done?

TIA

Think I found the solution. I reconfigured the Asus as a router and gave it a different subnet. I then pluged the cable into the WAN port. Now I have to figure out how to make only the wireless clients get an IP from the Asus. :eek:

The Archer C7 has a guest network feature on its wireless, with host access denied by default. Why are you using a second AP?

Did this in my house. For the main firewall/router I use an Juniper SSG5. One port for WAN, one for LAN, and one for Wireless. Have the wireless router setup up to not handout IP addresses and instead have the SSG5 be the DHCP server for both LAN and Wireless. It allows each zone to have its own IP range and access rule set.

You can also setup vlans to separate the networks. Custom firmware for your router might support this, otherwise you can find a relatively cheap switch to throw into the mix that can help you with this.

Back