How to install the H100

HardyOne

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
179
I just ordered an X79 motherboard and a i7 3930K and the Corsair H100. I have a Coolermaster ATCS 840 case that has 2 large fans at the top of the case and was wondering if I should mount the H100 radiator there? If so, should I remove the 2 case fans? Also, saw some videos on YouTube of how to install. These videos raised two more questions. That is, one showed adding thermal compound to the CPU. I thought the H100 had it's own thermal compoiund. The other question was about how to set the fans. I currently have case fans in the front of the case, bottom of the case pulling air in. To blow air out of the case, the top 2 fans and rear fans are blowing out. Some of the videos showed the 2 top fans blowing in., Which is correct?
 
Normally you would have the top fans blowing air out of the case. I see that they are 230mm fans, is it even possible to mount an H100 up there? If it is, I would do that with the air blowing up and out. the H100 comes with a very excellent thermal past already applied.
 
I just ordered an X79 motherboard and a i7 3930K and the Corsair H100. I have a Coolermaster ATCS 840 case that has 2 large fans at the top of the case and was wondering if I should mount the H100 radiator there? If so, should I remove the 2 case fans? Also, saw some videos on YouTube of how to install. These videos raised two more questions. That is, one showed adding thermal compound to the CPU. I thought the H100 had it's own thermal compoiund. The other question was about how to set the fans. I currently have case fans in the front of the case, bottom of the case pulling air in. To blow air out of the case, the top 2 fans and rear fans are blowing out. Some of the videos showed the 2 top fans blowing in., Which is correct?

Hi HardyOne, do you think that the H100 would fit in the bottom of that case, pulling air up and into the radiator, as opposed to it being mounted on the top? I cant start my build until I find an adequate case that will allow me to install the H100 onto the bottom of a case. Do you know of any that would support that type of mounting?

Thanks
 
If you mounted the PS at the top, there might be enough room at the bottom. Not positive about that, but the case is quite large and it comes with the option of mounting the PS at the top or bottom. At the bottom there is a filter just below where the PS is and one a bit to the right.
 
Excuse the ignrance, but what's wrong with the fan mount on the rear of the case?

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/10/cooler-master-atcs-840-classic-review/15.jpg

H100 uses a 2x120 radiator.

As for the OP:

I believe the ACTS comes with mounting options for 3x120 radiators. That would mean you would have to remove the top fans in order to attach it to those mounting points. Or, you can attempt to fabricate your own custom mount to the 200mm fans.
 
Back
Top