Flogger23m
Fully [H]
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2009
- Messages
- 16,930
Hello all, need some help here. Trying to replace my old Nvidia drivers with the newer 258.96 drivers. I am running Vista 64bit.
For whatever reason, when I am installing them, I get an error that says I can not install the control panel. Upon restarting Vista, I no longer have an Nvidia control panel nor aero 3D.
This is what I did:
1) Went to Device Manager. Clicked on video card, uninstalled drivers.
2) Restarted into safe mode. At as it loaded, Vista was trying to install new drivers. There is no way to stop it, so I let it do its thing. I then load up Driver Sweeper 2.1. I cleaned out Nvidia Display and Physx drivers.
3) Unplugged the internet, and restarted into normal mode. Ran crap cleaner.
4) Looked like Vista was auto installing the drivers again...
After it was done, ran the following:
258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql
Should work for Vista 64bit...
Got the Nvidia control panel can not install error. No more Nvidia control panel, no more Aero glass effects.
Edit: Just tried it all over again, this time with the internet unplugged the whole time. No luck, same results.
So, what am I supposed to do? The only drivers I have ever got to work with the control panel is the 182.50 from 1 1/2 years ago.
Do I have to download the Nvidia control panel and Phyx elsewhere?
Any advice?
For whatever reason, when I am installing them, I get an error that says I can not install the control panel. Upon restarting Vista, I no longer have an Nvidia control panel nor aero 3D.
This is what I did:
1) Went to Device Manager. Clicked on video card, uninstalled drivers.
2) Restarted into safe mode. At as it loaded, Vista was trying to install new drivers. There is no way to stop it, so I let it do its thing. I then load up Driver Sweeper 2.1. I cleaned out Nvidia Display and Physx drivers.
3) Unplugged the internet, and restarted into normal mode. Ran crap cleaner.
4) Looked like Vista was auto installing the drivers again...
After it was done, ran the following:
258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql
Should work for Vista 64bit...
Got the Nvidia control panel can not install error. No more Nvidia control panel, no more Aero glass effects.
Edit: Just tried it all over again, this time with the internet unplugged the whole time. No luck, same results.
So, what am I supposed to do? The only drivers I have ever got to work with the control panel is the 182.50 from 1 1/2 years ago.
Do I have to download the Nvidia control panel and Phyx elsewhere?
Any advice?
Last edited: